often associated with large academic medical institutions. At Rush North Shore we believe in the power of personal attention, in the value of investing in talented people and innovative technologies and in the promise of a healthier community through quality care, safety, education and outreach initiatives.
We know it can be difficult to be in a hospital. Whether you need a diagnostic test, have a chronic condition or face a life-threatening illness, you want confidence in the people who care for you.
At Rush North Shore, we put your needs at the center of all we do. We strive to create a safe and caring environment marked by quality care, communication and comfort. Our medical staff includes over 600 physicians representing a full range of specialties and sub-specialties. Many physicians on our staff also hold academic positions at Rush University.
Our Work Force
We have a diverse and experienced workforce of over 1,100 employees. Our patient care services staff includes a wide range of specialized nursing teams, rehabilitation therapists, laboratory and imaging technicians, social workers, allied health professionals and more. We also benefit from the time and talents of over 400 volunteers representing people of all ages and backgrounds.
Few hospitals of our size offer the same range and quality of medical programs available at Rush North Shore.
- We are affiliated with Rush University Medical Center and are a major teaching affiliate of Rush University with residency programs in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, OB/GYN, Anesthesiology and Podiatry.
- Recognized as one of the Top 100 Cardiovascular Hospitals in the nation for its cardiology and heart surgery programs, the medical center offers a comprehensive range of cardiac care.
- Identified by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer for a superior cancer care program, we offer exceptional diagnostic and treatment technologies like PET/CT imaging and intensity-modulated radiation therapy as well as compassionate and accomplished multi-disciplinary treatment teams.
- Among the state's busiest orthopedic surgery centers, our patients benefit from advanced techniques in joint replacement, sports medicine and spine care.
- Experienced surgical teams specializing in minimally invasive surgery techniques offer treatment options unheard of just a few years ago. We seek to bring new hope and new surgical alternatives to a wide range of conditions.
- The Kroll Family Emergency Department, consistently ranked among the highest rated ERs by patients and their families, is staffed around-the-clock by experienced trauma teams with special training in pediatric life support.
- The Centre for Women’s Health, located in the Kenton Building on our main campus, offers an impressive array of specialized services including gynecological care, menopause and hormone health, minimally-invasive surgical treatment of fibroids, cysts and hysterectomies, evaluation and treatment of bladder control problems, female cancers and more. There is also a fully digital imaging center on-site for mammography, ultrasound and bone density scans as well as the Wenske Women’s Health Library.
- Our digital radiology services provide a full range of diagnostic and treatment options and allow you or your physician to request a CD of your images and reports. Imaging services available on our campus include X-rays, mammograms, MRIs, CT Scans, PET-CT Scans, 3-D and 4-D ultrasound exams and bone density tests. There is also a dedicated center for radiation therapy as well as nuclear medicine, interventional radiology and special procedures.
We can help
We participate in virtually all managed care health plans including Blue Cross, United Healthcare, Aetna Health Plans, Humana and Private Healthcare Systems. We also accept Medicare and Medicaid and offer financial assistance to patients who qualify.
Our campus is located at Golf and Gross Point Roads in Skokie. Physicians on our staff also see patients at multi-specialty offices in Morton Grove as well as in private physician offices throughout the North Shore and north side of Chicago.
To find the doctor that's right for you call Physician Referral at 847-933-6000. Our trained counselors are as committed to listening to your needs as they are to finding the right solution. We can answer your questions about a doctor’s education, office hours, insurance options, languages spoken and much more.